Insurance Saving Tips for Californians
California is an amazing place to live, with stunning natural beauty and lovely weather. Wherever you live in colorful CA, homeowners insurance may help you out in the event of a storm or fire. Many people may be fortunate to go for years without ever making a claim on their insurance, and it may seem like premiums are wasted money. But consider that it need only take a single event to destroy your California dream. Here are just a few options to help you stay protected, and save some money.
• Install safety features around the home such as window locks, a smoke alarm and fire extinguishers
• Replace worn or damaged elements of the house (such as the piping or roof) with new, structurally sound options
• Use storm-resistant materials in the construction of your home
• Make ‘green’ energy-efficient choices when purchasing appliances (look for the Energy Star rating)
• Use sustainable building materials or other ‘green’ options when building or renovating
• Combine policies such as home, life and auto insurance with a single provider
It’s essential to get individual advice, as there is no one-size-fits-all insurance policy. When reviewing your CA homeowners insurance costs, be sure to ask your agent for advice and information on potential discounts.